Starr Onshore Energy works with international clients to provide specialized insurance coverages tailored to their needs. We build trusted, long-term relationships with industrial companies, insurers and broking houses.
Our experienced underwriting team ensures our insurance reflects the demands of the ever-changing risk environment of our clients’ industries. We offer a variety of coverages that respond in the event of loss or damage to their physical assets – providing the security they need to continue succeeding at the highest level.
As part of a comprehensive and forward-looking risk management service, Starr Onshore Energy delivers demonstrable and strategic value to risk managers and brokers.
Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Insure a wide range of industrial risks such as refineries & petrochemical plants, pipelines & terminals and gas plants, including liquefaction
- Provide coverage for the manufacture, storage and distribution of organic and inorganic chemicals, pharmaceutical and agricultural products
Process Industries and Mining
- Provide valuable coverage for pulp & paper mills, steel mills and electronic fabrication plants
- Specialise in the risk management needs of the mining industry – both above and below ground
Power Generation & Utilities
- Provide property insurance programmes for a wide range of power generation occupancies, including CCGTs, coalfired, diesel, wind, solar and hydroelectric
Operational | $160m
Terrorism | $20m
CVS1919 | $100m
Various Starr Company Security | $160m
- First-class service, with rigorous service standards
- Leadership capabilities
- Technical approach through Risk Engineering
- Esteemed claims handling expertise - highly responsive and flexible
- All Risks of Property Damage & Business Interruption, Contingent Exposures and Machinery Breakdown
- International Domiciled Business – incidental USA
Coverages described herein are underwritten by Starr Underwriting Agents Limited on behalf of Starr Managing Agents Limited (Lloyd’s Syndicate CVS 1919), Starr International (Europe) Limited and UK Branch of Starr Europe Insurance Limited. Starr Insurance Companies is a marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. The coverages described in this document are only a brief description of available insurance coverage. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not provide any guidance regarding specific coverage available or any claim made thereunder. Any policy described herein will contain limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions. For costs and complete details of specific policy coverage, please contact an insurance professional by sending an email to the address provided above.