Starr Underwriting Agents are experienced in insuring a wide range of professions, with the confidence and ability to make immediate decisions for risks in scope.
As a Lloyd’s Syndicate and a company market, we offer professional indemnity insurance for clients who operate nationally and internationally. Our team specializes in mid-market to large corporate risks, and is able to consider these on a primary or excess basis.
To be eligible for Starr professional indemnity insurance, companies must have:
- UK-domiciled accounts
- A trading record of 3+ years
- No MAA/disposals activity in the past three years
The following classes are excluded:
- Medical Malpractice
- Primary Property Surveyors or Valuers
- Independent Financial Advisors
- Excess of 40% US work
We consider these professions on either primary or excess internationally:
- Accountants – limited exposure to audit plc work and/or tax mitigation work
- Architects – specialists in standard commercial and residential builds
- Engineers – specialists in standard commercial and residential builds (limited exposure to geo-technical or foundation work)
- Design & Construct – specialists in standard commercial and residential builds (excludes cladding specialists mitigation works)
- Insurance Brokers – minimum attachment of $10m for commercial brokers
- Lawyers – law firms with 10 + partners and < 25% conveyancing (residential and commercial combined)
- Miscellaneous – non-traditional professions considered.
- Single Project
Up to USD10m available within any one insurance programme
- Knowledgeable underwriters experienced in challenging accounts
- Dedicated claims expertise in-house
- “A” (Excellent) A.M. Best Rating
- Flexible coverage to match profession and territory
- Scalable capacity to meet specific licensing requirements
Coverages described herein are underwritten by Starr Underwriting Agents Limited on behalf of Starr Managing Agents Limited (Lloyd’s Syndicate CVS 1919), Starr International (Europe) Limited and UK Branch of Starr Europe Insurance Limited. Starr Insurance Companies is a marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. The coverages described in this document are only a brief description of available insurance coverage. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not provide any guidance regarding specific coverage available or any claim made thereunder. Any policy described herein will contain limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions. For costs and complete details of specific policy coverage, please contact an insurance professional by sending an email to the address provided above.